Success is not final, failure is not fatal - it is the courage to continue that counts.
- Sir Winston Churchill

Friday, October 12, 2012

Fall break...

This week I've been on fall break - the girls are in school and hubby is at work. 
I've been pretty busy with all kinds of things - some more pleasurable than others. ;-)
*Went to the doctor and had the stitches taken out. It went well and I can already tell the surgery made a big difference.
*Meet with a great bunch of my German friends for a lovely breakfast.
* Cleaned lots of things in and around the house. (Who knew ceiling fans got so dirty during the summer?)
*Ripped out all of the tomato plants.
* Walked 4 miles one morning, ran 2.7 another.
*Cleaned all the carpets in the whole house.
* Made a whole bunch of cards and if I have time, will make more today. :-)

Diese Woche hatte ich Herbstferien - die Maedels waren in der Schule und mein Maenne auf der Arbeit.
Ich hatte jeden Tag genug zu tun - maches hat mehr Spass gemacht und manches weniger. ;-)
* War beim Arzt zum Faeden ziehen. Ich merke jetzt schon, dass die OP etwas gebracht hat und bin sehr froh darueber.
*Habe mich mit ein paar deutschen Freundinnen zum Fruehstueck getroffen.
*Putzen, putzen und noch mehr putzen.
*Habe saemtliche Tomatenpflanzen herausgerissen.
*Bin einen Morgen 4 Meilen gelaufen, einen 2.7 gerannt.
*Habe alle Teppiche im Haus gereinigt.
*Immer wieder mal Karten gebastelt, und wenn ich heute die Zeit dafuer habe, will ich noch mehr machen.:-)






10 comments:

  1. I want a fall break!!!! LOL....you've been very productive and that is a wonderful feeling! I'm so glad you are healing well. Take care!!!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suz, it was the first time in ages that I had a break and the girls were in school. :-)

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous cards! Gosh you are so productive, I am very impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You HAVE been busy...glad that you had the break so you could accomplish so much. Life here is finally starting to wind down some now...even had time to have a friend over today. :-) Glad that you are able to tell how much the surgery has helped...are you back to knitting now? Glad, too, to hear that you were able to meet for breakfast with some of your German friends! That had to be fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I've been busy but it has been very enjoyable. :-) Glad you got to spend time with a friend, makes for a wonderful day, doesn't it? I'm back to knitting, actually knit a pair of socks already. :-)

      Delete
  4. Anke, you amaze me with your talent--those cards are beautiful. What a joy those must give to those that receive them!
    And I could walk the four miles, but this gal could not possibly run any-I have too many cookies on my thighs-LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sue! When we first started walking I couldn't run - at all. It started with "from here to the mailbox", then the next and so on. Now we're signed up for a 5k run and I really want to be able to run the whole thing. On my bucket list... ;-)

      Delete
  5. Beautiful cards! I really want to get a chunk of time to do some myself soon. Enjoy the rest of your time off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erin! This week flew by and I'm hoping to get a few more things done this weekend. Hope you get some time to yourself soon!

      Delete